Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Blue Smoke, NYC: The Burger (and a little crow).

Allow me to eat a little crow. After all, I eat just about everything else. In another post I said that the Blue Smoke burger paled in comparison to another restaurant’s burger. I gave the wrong impression with that statement. I really liked the burger at Blue Smoke. I think you’d be hard pressed to find many better burgers in all of Manhattan. I also really liked the chicken wings and the craft brewed smoked lager they had on draft. I even really liked sitting at the bar. And I’ve got the pictures to prove it.

A photo of the excellent chicken wings. Not "Buffalo" style hot wings, just nicely sauced and a little smokey:



Here's the burger just brought to the table. We almost dug in before taking the picture. That arm in the background is about as good a picture of Tommy from Tommy:Eats as you're likely to get.



Here's the burger cut open in its medium rare glory. Pales by comparison to what you might rightly ask.



One curious thing was the way red wine was served at the bar. You've got to believe that they know better. Maybe there was a dishwasher strike. Maybe I'm just too picky.




Oh, they’ve got some great barbeque too, maybe you’ve heard? And jazz downstairs on the weekends. I’ve never been so I can’t tell you about that.

Blue Smoke, 116 E. 27th St. New York City (212)447-7733.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger The World Leader in Useless Bullshit said...

With all due respect, I found Blue Smoke to be the most pretentious BBQ establishment I've ever visited. Give me RUB or Hill Country in NYC any day of the week. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, head over to Fette Sau in Brooklyn for some top quality honest-to-goodness down home BBQ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home