Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Pepsi and a bag of Cheese Nips

Oh, the things we do for our kids. Last night was my 5 year olds dance recital. It was also Tuesday night, the night I usually go out for a quick bite after work. So there I was at Raritan Valley Community College in the auditorium with 979 other parents, grandparents, siblings etc. waiting to see my daughter perform for 5 minutes in a show that lasts 2 hours. Now this isn’t as painful as this:


However, when I consider that I could have been at the bar at Copeland having this:



I have to wonder.

What I did have was a can of Pepsi and a couple of Cheese Nips. I bought the Cheese Nips for my 2 year old who I knew would eat all the grapes I’d smuggled in to the auditorium before his sister even made it on stage. The Cheese Nips were the best of the worst of what there was at the concession stand, not too messy and lots of little bites. We watched my daughter and then spent the rest of the performance wandering the campus eating those little crackers with their unnatural orange color and artificial cheese taste. My son loves them. Doesn’t every little kid?

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blackeyedpig,

Copeland remains one of the best burgers that I've ever had. Right up there is Blue Smoke in NYC, and if you haven't gone, you should.

Aside from those two, very few compare. I'm constantly amazed at the disparity: how can one place make such a great burger and the rest make such sorry things?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home